OOTD v. It will Just Call to You
I saw this skirt on someone’s instagram* and fell absolutely and hopelessly in love. I ordered it immediately and fell in love all over again once it was in my hands. This will be on my body all summer.
* Unfortunately, I can’t remember who :( I’ve tried my usual suspects and couldn’t find anything.
Love this look!
I’ve been wanting a pair of #crochetshorts for awhile now, but these weren’t quite doing it for me. #forever21plus $22. The shirt ($19) was a strong contender, but my fiscal responsibility won out lol. #whatididntbuy #cutouts #psblogger #fatshion
The floral/cloud/graphic print on this #forever21plus dress is giving me a #clovercanyon vibe. I need a size up so I’m ordering it online, but I’m glad I saw it in person - the print doesn’t look like much on the internet. #boldprints #photoreal #whatididntbuy #psblogger #fatshion
TONIGHT’S THE NIGHT! Less than 2 hours to #thrifting, drinks & fun thanks to #housingworks and a seriously generous donation from #gwynniebee. I’m hosting the #shoppingparty and will be giving away 3 $50 gift cards and unlimited styling advice :) Take the 1/2/3 to 96th Street to join the fun - we’ll be going from 5-8!
Yes, definitely! I wrote “women” because that is my usual audience and my owned lived experience, but anyone who struggles to find plus sized clothing to fit their style and gender expression is welcome to participate!
#regram from @housingworks: Tonight! Racks on racks on racks of #plussizefashion from @gwynniebee + adult bevvies and snacks at our Fashion Figures #shoppingparty with @curvily. 5-8 at our Broadway/96th Shop.
New on CurvilyFashion.com, a look for a low key night out featuring a #bomberjacket and #stripes. Head to the blog for all details & links, including #mynt1792 #gwynniebee #hmplus and more. #psblogger #fatshion #nycstreetstyle #skorchmag #modelcitizen #occliptar #marcbymarcjacobs #asos #ootd
Are you coming to the #shoppingparty I’m hosting at #housingworks tomorrow? This #neon #boldprints #wrapdress is one of thousands of styles that will be available thanks to a VERY generous donation from another fave of mine, @gwynniebee. Come to the 96th & Broadway store from 5-8 for drinks, treats, styling, deals, and giveaways (three $50 gift cards!) More details on CurvilyFashion.com. #nycshopping #nycfashionevents #plussizethrift #psblogger #fatshion @housingworks
How often have you been shopping and you come across something that is just PERFECT, but does not go up to your size? Over 60% of American women wear a size 14 or above, but only 17% of clothing sold is 14 & up. That is a ridiculous disparity.
Moreover, when some brands move into plus (ahem H&M), they throw their signature trendy looks by the wayside in favor of flowy dark fabrics that they think “work” for plus sizes. That is crap. Plus size women want color, print, and structure. Moreover, we want variety. A group this numerous cannot be a monolith, and since style is such a personal thing, we all have different tastes. I want #plussizeplease to be a way to showcase the demand for styles we’d buy and rock, and all the money brands are forfeiting by refusing to expand their sizes.
So here’s how to use it:
1) Snap a picture of a garment you love but does not come in your size. Include the brand and price, tagging the company if possible. For example, I am in love with this Zara marble print dress. I would have purchased it yesterday if it went above a size L. My tweet would be:
“.@Zara marble print sheath, $59. I’d buy it right now if it came in my size. #plussizeplease”
2) Use it on any social media – Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest… even Facebook supports hashtags now.
3) Tag anything you’d purchase, whether in store or online.
4) Feel free to include the size range it comes in and/or the size you think you’d need. Sizing can be tricky, so this is definitely not required.
5) Tell your friends! I don’t just want this to be a blogger thing – I want all women who wear size 14 and up to show their purchasing power and share styles they love. Let’s be unignorable!